Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Am I the only one who is now afraid to leave my house and yet equally fearful of staying home? What the heck is going on with these home invasions? It is getting harder and harder to feel safe in your own home.I guess I just don't understand the mentallity. 'Dum, dee dum, dum...I'm bored...I guess I'll break into that house. Gee, there's someone home...I guess I'd better kill them.'

I make it a habit to try to avoid the news whenever possible. I don't know how people can have a good day when it starts out with a laundry list of all the horrendous things that are happening in the world. So, I try to maintain my blissful ignorance, but it's not easy. No matter what I do, the horrors of the modern world creep in.

Today it was a home invasion in Connecticut. A registered sex offender, I believe he was out on parole or something. He sees a total stranger going into her house and decides to follow her in. Ultimately, he shoots one woman in their basement and takes the other to a secluded place to shoot and kill her. Yesterday it was the story of the disgruntled father who was upset that he was going to lose custody of his three children. His solution was to kill them all - three innocent children dead, because the court system did not act quickly enough to take away his rights.

I'm just wondering when it became common practice to kill people because they were inconvenient? When did murder become the solution to the problem? I have never been an advocate of the death penalty, but it becomes harder and harder to argue against it, in the face of such hideous injustices.
Check out my website.
Be patient, it is still under construction
.

http://furrytails.mysite.com/index.html

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home