Tuesday, January 22, 2008







I love this little guy.
It cracks me up
every time I look at this pic.









Check out my website.
Be patient, it is still under construction
.

http://furrytails.mysite.com/index.html
On my website, you will find a list and a brief synopsis of my stories; both completed and not.
I also plan to chronicle my journey to publication.
I have been writing pretty aggressively for the past five years. I have made sporadic efforts over the last three years to find a publisher or agent. I feel as though I am getting closer. In September, I went to Maui for a Writer's Conference. It was great and I was able to generate enough interest to keep me motivated. One thing I learned was that cold queries are not the way to go. Conferences may be the more expensive route, but who knows, when you add up the lost time, printing cost, postage and frustration of the cold query...
Anyways, I met some great editors who actually read what I submitted. So they didn't love it and offer me a seven figure contract - it's still a step in the right direction.
Now that I am settled back in my cozy nest for the winter, I have been writing like a madwoman. I am also trying to devote a considerable amount of time to reading books on publication and marketing strategies. I hate to take the time away from my creative pursuits, but it is necessary, because...I have made a decision. I am going to venture into the world of publication on my own. I have looked into self-publication before but was always turned off by the high price and minimal offering.
Fortune led me to Outskirts Press; http://www.outskirtspress.com/
I believe that this may be the answer to my prayers. So far, I have not found any skeletons in their closets but only time will tell.
I have so many completed stories now; 2 adult, 4 YA and the 5 children's stories. I plan to test the waters with one of my YA novels, then I can still pursue traditional publishing with my other stories. I will keep you posted on what's happening. I hope you will join me for this journey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home